Here are 2 steps to updating your email client settings:
- First, you'll need to change your IMAP server to: mail.engr.ucsb.edu
- Next, remove any IMAP server directory prefix
No other changes are needed. Below are instructions for changing these settings using Thunderbird.
1. Open Thunderbird and right-click on <your account>@cs.ucsb.edu and choose Settings, or click on View settings for this account.
2. Click on Server Settings and change Server Name from letters.cs.ucsb.edu to mail.engr.ucsb.edu. You can leave the other settings in this window as is. Once you have done this, click on Advanced.
3. Remove anything from the field IMAP server directory. Click OK.
4. Finally, close and reopen your client. Send yourself a test message to make sure everything worked! If you experience any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.