These instructions are on how to setup Gmail to send email from your COE email address via our servers.
1. Login to Gmail
2. Click on the Gear icon in the top right corner of Gmail, then select Settings.
3. Select the Accounts tab and then choose Add another email address that you own.
4. Enter your name, engineering email address, and uncheck the treat as an alias button. Then go to the next step. If your ECI email address is not at engineering.ucsb.edu that is fine, just put in the correct email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) below and follow the rest of the steps.
5. Select to Send throguh engineering.ucsb.edu SMTP srevers. Fillout the options like in the example below selecting smtp.engr.ucsb.edu as the SMTP server. Use your ECI username and password. Also make sure you select TLS.
Gmail sometimes prefills the form with old information such as stamps.cs.ucsb.edu and other departmental SMTP servers that no longer exist instead of smtp.engr.ucsb.edu. If this happens, change the SMTP server to smtp.engr.ucsb.edu as per the example below.
6. Now when you go to compose an email you can choose from which email address you send your email.