Data Backup and recovery
ECI provides centralized, network-based backup and recovery services for University-owned computer
systems on the UC Santa Barbara campus. This service supports Windows, Mac OS, and most Linux/Unix
systems, both desktops and servers.
Features and Functions
- Unless an alternative schedule has been requested by the customer and approved by ECI, all systems are backed up and files retained as follows:
- Backups are performed nightly on all hosts between 12am and 6am.
- "Full" backups are run during the 1st week of the month.
- "Incremental" backups are run nightly (except when running a “full”).
- All backed up files are retained for 15 months.
Data backup and recovery services are available for CoE departments and faculty. If you are interested in this service, please contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation.
Search the Knowledge Base for how-tos and answers to frequently asked questions.
Request help from the Help Desk.
1140E Harold Frank Hall
phone (805) 893-3221