Data Backup and recovery
ECI provides centralized, network-based backup and recovery services for University-owned computer
systems on the UC Santa Barbara campus. This service supports Windows, Mac OS, and most Linux/Unix
systems, both desktops and servers. This serivce is provided to department/groups on a recharge basis.
Features and Functions
- Unless an alternative schedule has been requested by the customer and approved by ECI, all systems are backed up and files retained as follows:
- Backups are performed nightly on all hosts between 12am and 6am.
- "Full" backups are run during the 1st week of the month.
- "Incremental" backups are run nightly (except when running a “full”).
- All backed up files are retained for 15 months.
Search the Knowledge Base for how-tos and answers to frequently asked questions.
Request help from the Help Desk.
1140E Harold Frank Hall
phone (805) 893-3221