Features and Functions
Plan / Purchase
- Desktop hardware and software standards are published to inform desktop planning activities.
- ECI publishes new computer hardware purchase recommendations and updates them in response to changes in vendor offerings.
- Computers are installed and configured with a current operating system, software applications, anti-virus, anti-spyware, and remote administration tools.
- Computers are configured in compliance with campus security policies, and other configurations that may be specific to departments or units.
- Computers are configured to connect to the college wired and wireless networks.
- Software is installed when requested.
- Physical relocation of computers is supported on a case-by-case basis as determined by ECI.
- Computer setup includes:
- Migration of client documents and preferences
- Configuration of standard networked printers
- Retention of client data for a minimum of two weeks to ensure complete data transfer
- SDS technicians will install and upgrade software in response to client requests, changes to college or campus standards, security requirements, or to resolve problems.
- Troubleshooting and incident resolution is provided for standard operating systems and applications.
- Support for computer warranty repairs includes equipment pickup, shipping, tracking, and return. Completion of repairs is verified.
- Non-warranty repair is provided for standard computers for which the extended warranty has expired. Repair by ECI technicians includes replacement of failed memory, hard drives, optical media drives, and power supplies with customer-provided parts.
- Printing functions of standard networked printers are supported including deployment and configuration of printer settings, registration, and printing from business systems (FIS, PPS, etc.)
- Installation of driver software for peripherals such as printers, scanners, external storage devices, and input devices as long as the software is provided by the client.
- When practical, temporary access to the web and web-enabled tools is provided while a computer is being replaced or repaired. Temporary computer loans are dependent on availability.
- ECI coordinates computer disposal with vendor programs and campus surplus. When necessary, data is securely erased on storage devices prior to disposal.
$712/workstation per year
The SDS service is available to CoE departments.
Support hours for the SDS service are M-F 8am-5pm, excluding University Holidays.
Search the Knowledge Base for how-tos and answers to frequently asked questions.
Request help from the Help Desk.
3110 Harold Frank Hall
phone (805) 893-3221