Engineering Reunion 2009
The College of Engineering at UC Santa Barbara is excited to host its first-ever college-wide alumni event during All Gaucho Reunion.
Kicking off early on Friday afternoon, we have wonderful events planned, just for you.
From 3-5p.m., each department will be hosting their own events for alumni, students, and faculty. After which, join us for the College-wide celebration from 5-7p.m. at the five-year old Engineering Science building. Featuring 10, 20, 30, and 40-year class reunions, interactive exhibits, great food, and Santa Barbara County wine, the Engineering Reunion is a great way to begin the eventful weekend.
All College of Engineering alumni, current graduate students, and graduating seniors are invited to attend.
Friday, April 24th
3-5 p.m., Various Locations
- Chemical & Nuclear Engineering
- Meet with faculty and classmates, see posters, and learn about recent developments. The reception features a dynamic panel of alumni who will tell their "war stories" in a variety of industries: "Startups, Fire Sales, Mark-to-Market and Wine Making: True Stories of UCSB Chem E's and NucE's in the Workplace"
- Mosher Alumni House, 2nd floor
- Chemical and Nuclear Engineering alumni, students and faculty are invited to attend
- Computer Science
- Departmental mixer and recent research poster session
- Harold Frank Hall, Room 1132 (CS department conference room)
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- ECE Open House: visit with faculty and students
- Harold Frank Hall, Room 4164
- Tours of Engineering facilities start here:
- Mechanical Engineering
- "MechE Back to School": two dynamic speakers presenting on current mechanical engineering topics
- 4-5 p.m., Bren Hall, 4th Floor seminar room
Engineering Reunion 2009
5-7 p.m., Engineering Science Building
- 10, 20, 30, and 40-year class reunions
- Reconnect with classmates and faculty
- Welcome the graduating class of 2009 as alumni
- Interactive exhibits, great food, and Santa Barbara County wine
Saturday, April 25th
Chemical Engineering Open House
10-11 a.m., Engineering II courtyard
11-2 p.m., Storke Tower
- Come celebrate UCSB with current students, faculty, staff, the Santa Barbara community and fellow alumni
- Featuring live music and performances, an "Isla Vista food court" with all of your favorite restaurants, a beer garden serving the very best from our local brewery, and a fun and interactive kids zone
Chemical Engineering Wine Industry Lecture
1:30-3 p.m., Engineering Science Building, room 2001
Chemical Engineering Family Picnic
2-5 p.m., Goleta Beach
- Join us for family fun, food & refreshments.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Interested in planning an activity for fellow engineering alumni?
Contact Marie Howell at email@example.com or 805.893.2343.