Top 10 Reasons to Choose UC Santa Barbara, College of Engineering
- UCSB's undergraduate engineering degrees are designed to be completed in just four years.
- The College offers four different BS/MS programs for students to earn two degrees in five years.
- The College has a small school, personal atmosphere with nationally and internationally acclaimed faculty teaching undergraduate courses, and a student to faculty ratio of 9 to 1.
- Students experience a balanced education by applying theory from the classroom in academic laboratories, conducting research, participating in internships in industry, and engaging in senior capstone projects.
- We produce well-rounded engineers by encouraging participation in the Education Abroad Program and other service learning experiences.
- The campus enjoys beach-front ocean and mountain views while providing a vibrant intellectual experience embedded in an atmosphere of social concern and global awareness.
- You may not be doing cutting-edge research during your first year, but you benefit from faculty who are. We are a leading teaching and research institution with five Nobel laureates, and 14% of our faculty are National Academy of Engineering members, and they will be teaching your courses.
- We understand (and support) that changing your major is sometimes the best choice for you. The College Academic Advisors are available to help with major changes and provide other advising assistance.
- You are probably not thinking about job opportunities right now, but we are. Our students have been recruited by over 300 local, national, and international companies in recent years, many of which we collaborate with on a broader basis. When it's time, those companies will be thinking about you.
- Our Technology Management Program prepares you with business and entrepreneurship skills to give you a competitive edge in the workplace.